Finally finished the short video, now to start on the next small project.
Spider Walking Test →
currently 5/8 of the legs are done, the plugin made the first 4 easy, however been tinkering with the 5th for about 1 hour, still not fully right but at least looking reasonable at the moment.
Probably my biggest After Effects Challenge....
Being the fool that i am, i have a dragon in my film. So a couple of issues there already on how to make the damn thing, but mainly… making a dragons head which can open its mouth out of 2d layers into a 3d model. Let Ragnarok Begin!
Animating properly for the first time in a while, and starting with a run cycle, got lots of work to do on the rig, but as practice goes, i would say it is going alright at the moment.
Here is a animation test to the theme of Captain Pugwash. thanks to Kate and Neil for the idea :)
quick ident out of boredom, took about half an hour
The Last Few Steps.
As the end of second year approaches rapidly, I can say that I am finally got some animation which I would not mind putting into a show reel. Now i just need to finish the work. Only Portfolios to go really.
after many hours of rendering the same shot into quicktime, then seeing a mistake. IT IS FINALLY DONE! got a single drawing left to do and then the film is ready for a sound track. the comp took a while to render as it was full of compositions and .psd layers… also it was 728 layers…..
on the last legs of my film and hoping that i get a better mark than last time, and now realizing that i can combine many sections of my film into a single shot, which is pretty helpful and should help my film make more sense. i also had a mild epiphany about the film structure, and it may work better if i do the shot lay out backwards…. we shall see when it is put together
seems i may need to do some editing....
in previous projects i have ended up with the right amount of footage by luck or skill. most probably luck. this time with a film that needs to be a minimum of 2 mins, it seems that i am going to have a lot more footage of shots and animation which will have to be sorted. so far with a basic put together of what i have (about 2/3 of my film) i have it approximately 1 min 50...
my new updated title sequence using the “hairline” plugin as smoke
After Effects Smoke.
after many tries and failures with particle playground in AE, i found a extremely useful tutorial about how to make smoke with looks very realistic. by using a AE plugin called “Hairline” I will be putting up examples of how i have used this in my film, as well as the link to the tutorial. enjoy. the online tutorial link ...
My Re-done animation opening
It's Been a While.....
recently, having been spending a lot of time doing work, decided that i would finally re upload something. So I have posted the newer version of the opening to my animation. Also going to start learning how to use the Unreal Engine in Easter. Download the UDK from here if you also want it :D http://www.udk.com/download
As a Break....
with Research and Concept crit in a couple of days, and knowing i can get the work done in time, but struggling to find a starting point, I am doing some sound recording, turns out my bedroom is a sound library, from the squeaky bed to the always slamming doors. Though trying to find a sound/ create one which describes ‘brown light’ is rather difficult.
My New PC........ it's fantastic →
Research and Concept animation test.
Hiroshima Animation Festival Opening
Finally got myself some sort of blogging area for showing my work. so. enjoy :D